Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why blog?

First post here has to be a justification I think. I've avoided the blogging bug until now, but had some ideas about it that led me to take the leap.

The first thing is that I think writing thoughts down is a good way to sharpen them. I think it's easy to have half-thoughts floating around in your head, but when you put them into writing it forces you to really make them coherent (or abandon them if they're not).

Secondly, I thought that it would be important (to me, not to everyone else) to put down my thoughts somewhere publicly available. The threat of possible scrutiny should serve to sharpen the thought process even further. Also, if anyone ends up caring what I wrote and cares to comment or start a dialog on it, then that is a good thing as well.

Thirdly, as silly as it sounds, the recent happenings of the financial market problems and the discussion around them, especially in the main stream media, have only made me shake my head even more at how little reason and rationality is used when approaching these major issues.

I guess the summary is that I think I'll want to get things into writing and have them able to be shared easily, and blogging is the technology to do just that.

So, that's why. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment